Monday, January 27, 2014

San Fran-tastic

Hey there readers! Christine here! I am a senior violist and, for this trip, the Director's Assistant. I am a Music Education major and I am student teaching after we get back from our trip. I've done quite a bit of traveling before so a trip to California is nothing out of the ordinary. I'm most excited about our high school exchanges. Seeing student ensembles was always exciting for me when I was younger. Today was our first day of tour!

The day was full of travel, lists, bridges, tourist traps, and a repeated inquiry from many a stranger.
"Where are you all from? What are you here for?"
We are definitely outside our Lute Dome and we are having a blast. Today we rode cable cars and bought San Fran trinkets and explored, relaxing as much as we could before tomorrow. Tomorrow is a full day of high school exchanges, college visits and our first concert. I'm excited to show off all of the work we've done! All of the rehearsals have led to this and I cannot wait to share music with some young musicians tomorrow.
More adventures await!

-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment