Friday, January 31, 2014

On the road again

Good morning readers! This is day five of our orchestra tour here in California. We've done quite a bit since my last post and I've taken attendance at least ten times since we got to Oakland. (I am the director's assistant, as I might have mentioned in the earlier post.) Keeping track of my peers is exhausting but it keeps me focused.

Day 2 was full of performance with two high school exchanges and a concert in the evening. Our first homestay was that night. Nicole and I stayed with a Finnish family and enjoyed talking with them about where they were from and where we were from. Day 3 we were gifted the opportunity to spend the day at the Monterey Aquarium. It was so fantastic! I will be sure to add pictures to this post when I get access to a computer because there's so much to show from that day! We were nice and relaxed for our second church gig that night. The homestays we had from this particular church was a two night stay so we got a little attached I think. (It was nice to sleep in the same bed twice!)

Day 4 was all about chamber music. We performed at Rocky Pointe Restaurant, owned by Peter and Grace Wang (for whom we named our study away office after.) It was great fun, good food, and beautiful music. On top of that, the view was gorgeous.

Today we are the road for six hours, headed south for Anaheim. Tonight the tables are turned and we get to be the audience for Orange County's Pacific Symphony.

It's only day five but our days have been so jam packed! And, for now, the orchestra is quiet, sleepy and dressed comfortably for our six hour drive.

Til next time,
Christine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment